Still have a few more holiday gifts to pick up for people you care about? Feel good about your gift giving over the holidays by picking up something local to Whistler. There are plenty of perfect presents for everyone on your list that support a locally owned and operated business.
For the Adventurous Sprit
- If there’s that special person on your list that wants to get out of bounds (but do it safely) then check out the AST Level 1 Avalanche Safety Courses offered by Mountain Skills Academy. They’ll learn the ins-and-outs of avalanche safety and get a solid introduction to venturing into the backcountry.
- For those who like to go straight from the hill, to apres, or yoga (or anywhere else for that matter) the GoggleSoc will be revolutionary. It’s a protective case that’ll keep goggles safe from scratching (yes, it’s different from your goggle bag, we promise). Plus it’s pretty new on the market so be prepared to impress even the most mountain savy and at $14.95 each they make a great stocking stuffer too.
For the Yogi
- If the yogi on your list has never had the chance to take a private lesson before they will love the chance to break down those tough poses or connect more with their favorite teacher. If they love a more personalized approach they’ll be sure to appreciate the beauty of a 1-to-1 class.
- Treat them to lunch (or a gift certificate) for the Naked Sprout or Green Mustache. Tasty, healthy, and all organic, either spot will be an oasis for the yogis in your life.
For the Spa Lover
- Give the gift of relaxation by treating that special someone for a trip to Avello Spa or Whistler Day Spa. You won’t regret getting someone their favorite spa treatment this holiday season.
- Treat your friend to a session they’ve never had before like Thai Massage, Thai Cupping Therapy, or Reiki. They’ll love the gift of exploring something new with a holistic health treatment to make them feel amazing from the inside-out.
- Hollow Tree is a handcrafted candle company based right here in Whistler. This local company is inspired by the forests of the Pacific Northwest and created using high quality coconut wax and essential oils. With a remarkable burn time (up to 60 hours) and quality craftsmanship this will be sure to impress everyone on your list.
- Armchair books has a wonderful range of titles for any reader. With a good selection of books that cover the tastes of everyone on your list. From sports and science to spirituality and popular culture, browsing these aisles will help you find a gift in no time.
- Quality Essential Oils smell amazing and give the gift of enhanced well-being. DoTerra Oils have been passed by health Canada as a natural health product. Check out the roll-ons available in lavender, peppermint, and various blends at the studio or the beautiful eucalyptus you can diffuse from the comfort of home.